We often don’t realise just how many basic tasks are involved in our day-to-day lives. It’s only when someone close can no longer perform those tasks for themselves that you begin to appreciate how important all these little things are. We understand their importance as well as anyone and that is why we offer Sequel’s Personal Care and hygiene assistance. Our Support Workers are experienced at providing low level and high level personal care and hygiene assistance.
This may include:
- Bed bath
- Dressing – selection of appropriate clothing and foot wear
- Oral care
- Applying makeup
- Hair care
- Preparing meals and snacks
- Setting up for the day
- Medication Reminders
- Nutrition and Hydration Management
We also assist people with higher needs such as:
- Hoist/Lifting machine transfers
- Continence Management
- Skin Integrity Management
- Assist with urinal
- Assist with commode
- Reposition bed-bound clients to help prevent skin breakdown
- Assist with active range-of-motion activities
- And many more based on needs…
If your loved one needs support, a Sequel Care Manager can help. We work closely with you both to develop the right care plan. We also advocate that those receiving care complete and participate in as much of their hygiene and personal care as possible to maintain their optimum level of independence.
If you have any questions about getting started with Sequel, please call us on 9499 1200 and we will help you through the process.